After a hard 13 hours of labor it was time to push. I pushed for an hour and not much progress. The doc. sugested forcepts to help since the baby's heart rate was dropping. I tried a few more times without help and then went ahead with it. When he came out he was purple and not moving. His cord was wrapped around his neck twice and they couldnt get it off. Finally the doc. got it and handed him to the nurses real fast. Ben didnt get to cut the cord and I never got to see him. After getting him to breath they discovered a high temp. which usually means infection so off to the nursery he went. After IV's and antibiotics we were able to take him home yesterday. He had the same measurements as Khy, 6lbs 3oz and 18in. long. Here are a few pictures of my baby not looking so beat up. Thanks for all your prayers.


2 comments:
Oh Jen, he is beautiful!!!!!!!! Im sorry you had a rough labor, but Im so glad you are all healthy and home! Again congrats on your beautiful little man!!
I'm glad everything is ok now. How scary for you though! Hope you guys are adjusting well. :)
Post a Comment