Hard times are now turned into times of pride.
All this we managed with you by our side,
Nor could we otherwise this course have run.
Kindness isn't tendered on demand:
You gave with love, not merely out of duty.
Our days are daily burnished by that beauty.
Upon your love we three now proudly stand.

Our family wants to thank you for your generosity during these hard times. It helps us in more ways than one.
Update on Ben:
For those who don't know, Ben has had health problems the past several years. Every doc. we went to just told us it was eczema and we would never hear from them again. After years of his skin eating itself and not being able to eat food we were watching a tv program called Mystery Diagnosis when we came across a similar case to his. The research began. It sounded exactly like what he had so while he was at an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor he asked about it. This was the beginning of our journey. He ordered Ben a scan of his neck to look at his lymph nodes. Then we were sent to a cancer specialist. We then did a full body scan, bone marrow biopsy and surgery to remove an inflamed lymph node. We knew he had Mastocytosis but was it in his lymph nodes or bones yet? We were praying it wasn't cancer. The last two weeks have been the longest waiting for the results. Today was the day we would find out and an answer to our prayers its only in his skin and digestive system. Not much they can do about it. Keep taking steroids. We now have to get a biopsy of his skin and a bone density test tomorrow but other than that if it gets worse he can do chemo to kill the mass cells. We are just so thankful its not cancer. It could always turn that way so we will have check ups with the doc. about every 4 months to prevent it. Thanks to everyone who had us in their prayers and are supporting us threw this and the pregnancy. It means a lot to us.


5 comments:
wow! we will for sure keep you all in our prayers. I worked with Ben for 2 years and always knew he was sick, but he would never let me in on it. He would always just say "it hurts so bad", i never knew what it was, but i always felt so bad for him. Im glad to know things are looking ok. Thanks for updating!
Hey guys! I'm glad that you have gotten some answers. I really hope that things will go better from now on. We will keep you in our prayers. And I'll come visit after the holidays. Love you all!
I'm so sorry you guys have had to deal with all this, I hope things keep going ok and get better. I will keep you both in my prayers. I hope the pregnancy has gotten better for you, can't wait to hear what you are having!! Good luck with everything, if I can do anything let me know! :)
Sorry to hear about your troubled times, but glad to hear that things are turning around for the better and hope that they continue to do so. The power of prayer is an amazing thing. There are many people keeping the both of you in their thoughts and prayers, and with that, you will be blessed. We will as well, keep you in ours. Wishing you a happy holidays and that things continue to get better.
Thank God that it is not cancer. Ben is a lucky to have such a lovley and caring wife and family. I know in times like this it is hard to look on the bright side but the saying always pops in my head "it is always darkest before the dawn" I am glad that you have found out some good news. Enjoy eachother and the holidays. hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment