This is a blog for my snap shots. I make myself put my camera in auto and let the kids be kids.



Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A long time over due (baby food tutorial)

Ok so this was something I use to do every week with Khylind. It was the plan to do this with Khorben too but I guess things are a lot harder with two kids so I have been slacking. I finally told myself that Khorben deserves the best too and I told myself to stop being lazy and do it. I know a few of you out there was interested in knowing how I did it so here you go. I am sure there are many other ways (probably easier than mine) but this is what I do.

Most of the foods I purchase for this are frozen veggies. The carrots this time have both frozen and fresh. For the foods that are hard I use my pressure cooker and cook them till they are mush. Usually around 10 minutes or so.



I just put these veggies in the microwave until they were not frozen anymore.


Here is my sweet potatoe. No need to take the skin off before the pressure cooker. It falls right off. Saves time.


I have collected empty baby food jars to fill. I know people use ice cube trays to start because baby doesn't eat as much. I have bought other containers for this but these work for me the best. Just as long as your not storing them in the freezer for long periods of time. They may get freezer burnt. Dont know. I usually use mine up in a week.




This is the hand blender that I use. I put the food into a tall cup, add liquid(I use formula but I am sure there are many other things you could use) and blend away. Using a blender would probably be easier.

And the finished product. Two peas, two green beans, two carrots, 8 mixed veggies (this is Khorbens favorite. Contains peas, green beans, carrots, corn and fresh spinach leaves)

By comparing the colors of my peas and green beans (first two rows) compared to store bought....which would you rather your kid be eating?

3 comments:

Anna said...

That is so great! Its awesome how you do it yourself! IF (and that is a big IF) i ever have kids again i am totally going to do this!! Thanks for sharing!!

Courtney said...

Thanks for the tips. I like the idea of just doing small batches of it, seems like online they make it this huge ordeal that you do once a month and it takes all day. lol I will do this for sure when baby girl is eating solids. Colby pretty much eats all regular food now. But I might do this to sneak in some vegis, since he's picky about them.

Andrew and Charonne- said...

wow Jen you are good!